Helping Children with Autism
Who is eligible to receive support under Helping Children with Autism (HCWA)?
Eligibility is determined by FaHCSIA, eligible children are aged under seven years and have been diagnosed with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autistic Disorder
- Asperger’s Disorder/Syndrome
- Childhood Disintegrative Disorder; or
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
How can I register my child?
To be eligible for the early intervention funding package a child must have been seen by an Autism Advisor and deemed eligible to access the program before their sixth birthday. The Autism Advisor must sight a written conclusive diagnosis made by or through any one of the following:
- the Medicare items through the HCWA strategy,
- a State/Territory Government or equivalent multidisciplinary assessment service,
- a private multidisciplinary team (Psychologist, Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapists),
Contact a NSW Autism Advisor on 1300 978 611 for more information.
For more information on the Helping Children with Autism Package visit The Department of Social Services website.
Early Links Inclusion Support Service Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) Services
What services can Early Links provide?
Early Links works in partnership with families to help parents learn how to build their child’s skills. Services provided include:
- Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy delivered in the home, Early Links clinic, community and education settings
- Psychology Support
- Resources purchasing of equipment
Please click here to download our Therapy Brochure.