Early Links Inclusion Support Therapy Services
Early Links employs a highly skilled team to work in a family centered way to provide therapy services to children and support to their family. Our approach is to involve all of the important people in your life, such as family, teachers and support workers, and work together so that children can practice their developing skills through their everyday activities.
Early Links therapy services are provided in a place and at a time that suits each family. This might be in the family home, the early childhood setting that your child attends, the Early Links clinic or another community setting. At times it may be beneficial to have individual sessions or it may be useful to combine a therapy appointment with an Educator or another therapy discipline.
Early Links is able to offer both consultative therapy services as well as individualised therapy services. We are able to provide services under the following programs:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- FaHCSIA – Helping Children with Autism, BetterStart;
- Medicare –Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapist, Psychology support.
Early Links Occupational Therapists aim to ensure that children have the ability to manage their day-to-day life tasks including play, self-care skills, socialising and learning. Occupational Therapists will look at the skills each child needs to develop or how the task or environment can be adapted to help ensure success.
Particular skills that an OT may help children develop include:
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Motor planning abilities
- Self-care skills (eg feeding, toilet training)
- Sensory processing skills
- Attention and concentration
The role of the speech pathologist is to assist children with their communication and interaction skills including;
- Clearly communicating their wants and needs (speech and expressive language)
- Understanding instructions and questions in their everyday environments (receptive language)
- Developing and using visuals and other augmentative communication systems
- Developing feeding skills
- Developing the ability to interact appropriately with others
Early Links’ physiotherapist is able to assess babies’ and children’s development in terms of movement, posture, physical skills, and co-ordination and then provide strategies to assist in these areas.
Early Links’ physiotherapist can assess your child and assist in one or more of the following areas:
- Gross motor skills
Download our brochure:-
Please click here to download our Therapy Brochure.